|SPORTS CLICHE QUIZ|
Think you know your sports cliches? Take our 20-question challenge to see if you've got what it takes. This is one of those fill-in-the-blank tests, so you'll need pencil and paper. Simply provide one word that best completes the sentence to make a sports cliche. Some are easy, some a bit harder, but that's how we separate the real sports fans from the wannabes. And just in case you've forgotten how to do these tests, here's a sample question:
Sample question: He always gives 110 ______. The answer is, of course, percent. So you'd write percent on your answer sheet. Got it? OK, put on your thinking cap and let's go!
1) You can feel the ______ swinging.
2) You can't stop him, you can only hope to ______ him.
3) They have to take it one game at a ______.
4) He's really coming into his ______.
5) Records are made to be ______.
6) He's really been in the ______.
7) The players have bought into the ______.
8) This team must ______ to the occasion.
9) He always comes through in the ______.
10) They have to ignore the off-field ______.
11) They have to stay ______.
12) He thrives under ______.
13) This team must step up to the next ______.
14) This team has tremendous mental ______.
15) They have to turn up the ______.
16) They need a win to ______ off elimination.
17) This team has overcome a lot of ______.
18) They control their own ______.
19) This team sent a ______ today.
20) This win was a ______ team effort.
Click here for the answers.